Saturday, April 28, 2018

Happened by Accident


     This card started out by me making a background with an old Hydrangea stamp and some watercolors.  I was not quite as pleased as I had hoped, so I started building on it.  My DD is in the process of packing to move, so she sent me her scraps and little unfinished elements.  I saw this loopy panel made with a Martha Stewart punch and decided to put that over my watercolor.  I sponged the edges to make it blend and added a sentiment by Hot Off the Press.

     It was then that I realized what a pretty sympathy card this could become.  I added vine dies on either side and used some SU mini punch flowers to the vines.  I centered a Adirondack chair from Impression Obsession, as my focal point.  There are a few gems added to the flowers as centers.

     I decided to take this over to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is Anything Goes, this week.  I also found that Repeat Impressions at The House That Stamps Built is an Anything Goes this week!

     I was happy at how this came out.  Always need a few of this type card to fall back on.  Using what is within reach also reduces clutter!  Yes I have desk clutter!  Thanks for the visit.
 

8 comments:

Wendy said...

So very pretty, Mary Anne! Just love the loopy panel in the center and that wonderful sentiment. The chair and the sentiment drew me in! What a lovely card you created with such fun elements! TFS and have yourself a wonderful day! :)

jimlynn said...

This is stunning and yes, it's perfect for a sympathy card. The background is so pretty and the way you added all the elements and how they came together is simply amazing. The chair just tops it. Such a peaceful scene!
Lynn

Carol L said...

You have desk clutter? NO!! When you figure out how to get rid of it, let me know, ok? LOL This turned out really pretty with the colorful background and I love the adirondack chair in the midst of the garden!

Esther Asbury said...

Absolutely Gorgeous card! I love the way you built your card over the lovely floral background! So pretty! So happy you linked up to The House That Stamps Built!

Heather said...

How beautiful!! I thought that background was a patterned paper; fabulous job creating it! And the little scene you created is so peaceful looking. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty...you say "Happened by accident!" I say if it was...It's a HAPPY Accident! Very nicely done!

Sue said...

Beautiful card everything just went together so beautifully.

Hugs
Sue

Janice M said...

A Beautiful accident! Turned out great love when little pieces all fall together like that. Great job!