Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Mother's Day Creation.

   
   
     So glad I had a day off today!  Now I can get caught up on some orders and a great sketch challenge.

     I am so happy to make a card for the TMS #441.  Wow, some of the examples are enough to blow you away.  Just gorgeous.  I knew I had to come up with something a little fresh.


Supply list:

Paper:  Wooden designer is from a small pad of Ms. Sparkle from JoAnn's.  The dark green is from Bazzill, white is scrap card stock, and my words are fussy cut from designer paper by American Craft's Pink Paislee collection.

Dies:  Lily of the Valley and stitched circles from Gina Marie.

Ink:  for sponging my circle Coastal Cabana from SU.  I also sponged a wee bit of Twisted Citron, Oxide to my leaves.

     To get my flowers white I tried a few things, but settled on white acrylic paint on a cotton swab to color.  Then each was topped with Glossy Accents.  A few turquoise pearls and a small satin bow, finish it off.  I don't usually show the insides of my cards but it completed the word thought, and I felt necessary.

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

Mary Anne, this is one of those WOW cards! WOW! So beautiful! Love the sentiment too. Perfection!
LYnn

Melissa Craig said...

Oh this is lovely! In the little thumbnail I get in my email, I thought it was seaweed and bubbles. LOL. The little flowers are so pretty and I love that you decorated the inside, too. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Patti said...

This is beautiful Mary Anne, so many special details I think the shiny white flowers are my favorite but your background and really everything about it is just perfect. Thanks so very much for creating with us again this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Carol L said...

Those lily of the valley are just beautiful and I love this card! I kept repeating the sentiment over and over to myself and it made no sense until you showed the inside of the card and then WOW! What a GREAT sentiment for a mother's day card! Gorgeous, and thanks for playing along with the TMS challenge!

Wendy said...

WOW, this is beautiful! Love your flowers but that sentiment steals the show and I can understand why you wanted to share the inside! Perfect in every way, Mary Anne! TFS and well, here we are back in the dreary, rainy stuff. I hope whatever your doing today your having a great day! :)

Debbie said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Your flowers are just perfect!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Janice M said...

Mary Anne this is absolutely beautiful!! Love everything about it from that wood grain BG paper to the beautiful lily of the valley's. I can almost smell them. Glad you could join us again this week at TMS!