Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Last Day of NBUS #12

   
     Darnell has been such a gracious hostess for her ever famous NBUS Challenge.  This will be my third, and final entry for it.  I created this card for our dearest of friend, who is going through treatment for Cancer.  He has a wonderful sense of humor, and is also the person who shows love to our dogs, if we have to leave town.  He also set up my husband and I, all those years ago.  We will be married 40 years this month.


     Anyway, the assortment of card stocks are from Bazzill, with the NBUS part of my creation being the stamps.  I used the new Art Impressions set called Doggie Kisses, which also included that cute band aid.  Those, I fussy cut and coated with glossy accents.  The inside sentiment is "On the Bright Side, You Don't Need A Cone"!  He really did get a chuckle out of that.  I used a combo of Copic and colored pencils to color things.

     So without further hesitation, let me link this up to Darnell's NBUS #12, at DJKardKreations, and say I can not wait for the next challenge.  Thanks for stopping by!



5 comments:

craftieodmae said...

that is so adorable!!!!

jimlynn said...

Your friend is going to love this! I have that set of stamps and have to smile every time I use it. Cute, cute, cute card!
Lynn

Carol L said...

Hands down - this is the best get well card I've ever seen! Funny and so good natured to give someone a chuckle who truly needs one!

Darnell said...

You gotta love a guy who can go through cancer treatment and keep his sense of humor ... not to mention that he is a Cupid, as well!! Just when you think nothing can be worse than cancer, you remember the Cone of Shame! That's what we always called them when our poor male dogs had been fixed!! They literally looked ashamed, poor guys! I love it, Mary Anne, and love the awesome glossy band-aids, too!! Thank you so much for playing three times in my NBUS Challenge #12 and being such a supportive friend! Hugs, Darnell

Janice M said...

Oh this is adorable!! And fun to boot! Love the sentiment and those little band aids are the perfect embellishments.