Friday, October 6, 2017

Christmas Cottage.


     When I saw that the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge was for Christmas, I was thrilled.  I have been making Christmas all year long, and just keeping it handy.  Woo Hoo!

     Today I have a card that I thoroughly enjoyed making.  The main images is from Stampendous, and is called Christmas Cottage.  My background is a script background stamp from Stamp Camp, which was stamped with Distress Inks.  I used a die from Lawn Fawn's scalloped borders to create the effect down the side.  Coloring was done with Spectrum Aqua Pens and a water brush.  A week bit of diamond Stickles were added for sparkle.  There is foam tape popping it from the background.


     I would also like to add my B&W version, using the same stamp!  This will be  entered  over at Little Red Wagon for their Classic Black and White Challenge.

     Not sure how it got to be Friday once again, but here it is!  I am looking forward to a nice weekend with both kids and families visiting.  Planning on doing some fall stuff!  Hope you have fun, whatever you do.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous! WOWzers, this card is so pretty and I love that image! Between you & Carol, you both been on a roll with Christmas cards! I am lucky to have made maybe 3 so far this year! LOL I'd better get my butt in gear! I SO love this, Mary Anne...nicely done! Enjoy your weekend with your kiddo's! That's always a special time! Hugs~

jimlynn said...

They're both gorgeous! I love just the little color on the first one and the second is striking in black and white. Beautiful cards!
Have a great weekend.
Lynn

Carol L said...

That's an awesome image and it looks great done both ways here! I love the scalloped border on the first - it adds so much to the card! Well done on both!

Virginia L. said...

Love the muted tone in this scene card! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

JanR said...

Fab card! Such a wonderful stamp. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Janice M said...

What pretty cards! I got their Christmas post card/cottage stamp but have yet to use it. Hope you had a nice time with the family sure was a beautiful weekend so far.

JD/ Jill said...

How Beautiful! So very nicely done!

Dora said...

Two beautiful cards