Friday, August 4, 2017

A New Sketch!


   
     Good morning and Happy Friday!  I have been a wee bit scarce, again.  Seems that everyone that I hold dear, has been in a health crisis lately.  I decided to take a little time this morning to create something and I saw this fine sketch challenge that I want to give a try.


     I have to admit that the card is rather simple but I love how it came out.  I used mostly items that have been sitting, and that always makes me feel good.  The card starts with a black base, and I took a panel of white, embossed it with a crackle folder, and sponged the edges with some Tangelo Twist ink.  My scrap bins are enormous, so I dug until I found some left over strips of Halloween papers.  The 2 stamps used are actually from Michael's $2 bin and I think they will be getting lots of use.  I used a strip of oozing goo die with a bit of Diamond Stickles for sparkle.  That is all there is to it!

     This will be entered in the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches  #299 by Kim.

     Here is hoping that you have a weekend full of fun times and good company!  See you soon!

7 comments:

Carol L said...

OH my gosh, this is fun! I love those 2 stamps and how you used them with this fun sketch! You reminded me that I still have that MS goo punch somewhere in my stash and I should pull it out and use it again! Fun card, great to see you posting again and hopefully better days are ahead for your friends with illness issues! Have a great weekend!

Wendy said...

This is fabulous and I really love this design, Mary Anne! I also love that you made this into a Halloween card because after all, that holiday will be here before we know it! Love the colors and that dippy goo border punch! It adds so much to your card! TFS and hope your doing well and staying cool! Hugs~

Linda Callahan said...

Totally fun Halloween card! Perfect colors and images! Glad you joined us at FMS!

jimlynn said...

Fantastic take on that sketch! That would have been one to have me completely stumped but you nailed it! So hard for me to believe that Halloween is coming up fast now. I do love your card!! Great images to go with that sketch. Maybe we'll cool down a little by Halloween so I'm looking forward to that!
LYnn

Jen Brum said...

What a spooky card!! Love the Halloween theme (scary we'll be needing these sooner than we think!)! Great colours and love the texture! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Janice M said...

I saw this sketch and couldn't think of anything! You rocked it for sure. I never did get that MS punch. :-(

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Love this one and there you are again with the perfect die. You must have an amazing stash.